Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim Jim is offline

Default Why does Word display a space at the beginning of some new lines?

Most of the office workers here use 2 spaces after every sentance (although
there seems to be a trend to use one space on computers due proportional
fonts). Sometimes when a line starts with a new sentance, one of the two
spaces (following the prior period) show up on that new line.

i.e.
My name is Jim. This problem bugs people here at work.
Sometimes there is a space at the beginning of the line.
And sometimes there isn't.

Is there an option to "Don't display wrapped space at beginning of line"? I
was told the option existed in Word 2000, but doesn't in 2007. Maybe we are
all expected to use one space from now on?

Thanks,
Jim