Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default In Word 2003 when mail merge how do I delete an empty field?

It is then but a small stretch to something like:

{Mergefield Company}{IF{Mergefield name} "" "Attn: {Mergefield fieldname}
"}{Mergefield Address1}etc

Use CTRL+F9 for the brackets {} and substitute the correct field names

connie wrote:
Yes, I do mean empty. However, the situation would be, for example,
in my mail merge I have a field for "name". The mail merge is set up
with a line stating Attn: name Some records do not have an
entry for name and on the mail merge if the name field is empty I
want that line skipped in the merge ie do not print the word Attn.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

By blank do you mean empty? If so you can conditionally insert the
content of that field eg

{IF{Mergefield fieldname} "" "{Mergefield fieldname}"}

connie wrote:
When a defined field is blank how do I tell mail merge to skip that
field on that one merge?