Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amy amy is offline

Default can not see icon (picture) on embedded document (in Word 2007)

For some reason (no matter how I attach a file within Word 2007), I can not
see the actual picture, I can see some of the text description and if I click
around it I can see the dotted lines around the object (& can even open the
file), but I can not see the picture.

I have tried via
1. the Insert/Object/Create from File/Display as Icon
2. the opening of the file I want to embed, Selected All/Ctrl-C, then Paste
Special within the document/selected the MS Word Object & Display as Icon
3. I try to change the shape of the object, but then I can no longer see any
text

Any assistance would be appreciated (the MS Office Online Help was of
absolutely no help).