Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jill M Jill M is offline

Default Embedded object icon not displayed in Word 2007

Hi Amy,
I just found the solution on another forum as I was having the same problem. I am excited to find the solution.
It is:

On the Home tab of the Ribbon, locate the Paragraph group and click the dialog launcher arrow in the bottom right corner to open the Paragraph dialog; in that dialog, make sure that line spacing of the paragraph the picture is in is not set to an Exact value.

Hope that solves your problem too!
Jill

Amy wrote:

can not see icon (picture) on embedded document (in Word 2007)
05-Feb-10

For some reason (no matter how I attach a file within Word 2007), I can not
see the actual picture, I can see some of the text description and if I click
around it I can see the dotted lines around the object (& can even open the
file), but I can not see the picture.

I have tried via
1. the Insert/Object/Create from File/Display as Icon
2. the opening of the file I want to embed, Selected All/Ctrl-C, then Paste
Special within the document/selected the MS Word Object & Display as Icon
3. I try to change the shape of the object, but then I can no longer see any
text

Any assistance would be appreciated (the MS Office Online Help was of
absolutely no help).

On Friday, February 05, 2010 3:36 PM
Amy wrote:

can not see icon (picture) on embedded document (in Word 2007)
For some reason (no matter how I attach a file within Word 2007), I can not
see the actual picture, I can see some of the text description and if I click
around it I can see the dotted lines around the object (& can even open the
file), but I can not see the picture.

I have tried via
1. the Insert/Object/Create from File/Display as Icon
2. the opening of the file I want to embed, Selected All/Ctrl-C, then Paste
Special within the document/selected the MS Word Object & Display as Icon
3. I try to change the shape of the object, but then I can no longer see any
text

Any assistance would be appreciated (the MS Office Online Help was of
absolutely no help).

On Sunday, February 07, 2010 1:29 PM
Stefan Blom wrote:

Click the Office button and then click Word Options.
Click the Office button and then click Word Options. In the Advanced
category, make sure that "Show drawings and text boxes on screen" is
selected and that "Show picture placeholders" is cleared.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

WPF Custom Validation Using the Enterprise Library
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ation-usi.aspx