Dave Marajh Dave Marajh is offline
Junior Member

Lightbulb

After trying the solutions listed in the responses with no results, a coworker suggested modifying the image layout which made the entire image visible.

To do this, click the icon so that the dotted box is visible, then right-click it and choose Format Object from the context (pop-up) menu. From the Format Object dialog, select the Layout tab, then select "In front of text". Click OK and your embedded file icon and filename should now be visible.

I confirmed the above on Word 2007, but the layout functionality is the same for more or less recent versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
For some reason (no matter how I attach a file within Word 2007), I can not
see the actual picture, I can see some of the text description and if I click
around it I can see the dotted lines around the object (& can even open the
file), but I can not see the picture.

I have tried via
1. the Insert/Object/Create from File/Display as Icon
2. the opening of the file I want to embed, Selected All/Ctrl-C, then Paste
Special within the document/selected the MS Word Object & Display as Icon
3. I try to change the shape of the object, but then I can no longer see any
text

Any assistance would be appreciated (the MS Office Online Help was of
absolutely no help).