Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tony Jollans

Default How to position a paragraph at the bottom of the last page

You don't need to have a separate footer. Just add the conditional text at
the beginning of the footer you already have. That way it will appear at the
start of the footer when the condition is true (on the last page), and won't
appear when the condition is false (on other pages). It doesn't have to
interfere with other footer content in any way.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Steve Cherne" wrote in message
Sorry Tony, I should have been a little more specific. I already have a
footer that is going on each page. And since Word won't let there be more
than 1 footer per page, your suggestion won't work in this case.

Microsoft
really needs to allow more than 1 footer per page (probably up to 3;

section
footer, page footer, document footer). I have also tried footnotes and
endnotes, which looked promising. Footnotes can be put on the bottom of a
page but include a dashed line above the footnote area that I can't seem

suppress. Endnotes looked like they would work, but they can't be

positioned
at the bottom of a page. Right now I am investigating putting the text

into
a table and positioning the table at the bottom of the page. However

there
appears to be a problem in that sometimes Word will respect the page

footer
and other times it will overprint the page footer. Hopefully, someone has
got a solution.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Put the text in the footer, like this ..

Press Ctrl+F9, Type IF, Type space
Press Ctrl F9, Type PAGE
Move cursor past the right brace after page
Type space, type =, type space
Press Ctrl+F9, Type NUMPAGES
Move cursor past the right brace after numpages
Type ""

Enter your paragraph between the quotes
Press Alt+F9 to toggle field codes display.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Steve Cherne" wrote in message
I have got a fixed paragraph that needs to be put at the bottom of the

last
page of a document (or the bottom of the first page if the document is

only
one page long). I have tried footers and section positioning but

can't
get
them to work properly. Word seems to only respect the page

positioning
for a
section if the page begins with that section. When my document is one

page
long, the paragraph that should be at the bottom, is continuous with

the
paragraph in the section above it. Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,
Steve