Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default How to position a paragraph at the bottom of the last page

In your template, insert a field such as the following:

{ ADVANCE \Y 720pt }

END OF DOCUMENT

You may need to change the 720 to another figure to get the text to appear
where you want it and you can replace END OF DOCUMENT with the text that you
want to appear.

This will just move from page to page as you enter text into the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Steve Cherne" wrote in message
I have got a fixed paragraph that needs to be put at the bottom of the last
page of a document (or the bottom of the first page if the document is
only
one page long). I have tried footers and section positioning but can't
get
them to work properly. Word seems to only respect the page positioning
for a
section if the page begins with that section. When my document is one
page
long, the paragraph that should be at the bottom, is continuous with the
paragraph in the section above it. Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,
Steve