Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissa Melissa is offline

Default How do I lock the position of"Title",when a fill-in field foll

Thanks so much - I hadn't thought of it. That worked. Now, to follow up on
turning off the auto resize. I found it under table but don't see how to
turn it off. I tried clicking the fixed column width and that worked, but if
I type a long title, the cell (row height) adjusts itself and throws off the
alignment of the rest of the form. So how do you actually turn that off?
Thanks again for your help. Oh, the version is Microsoft Professional
Edition 2003. Take care.

"Idaho Word Man" wrote:

You didn't mention which version of Word you were using, but the easiest way
is usually to put this material in a table. The headings "Name" and "Title"
can go in the first and third columns, and the text fields can go in the
second and fourth. Make sure that the table option "Automatically resize to
fit contents" is turned OFF.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"Melissa" wrote:

I have created a form. In it I have Name and Title headers, which are then
followed by fill-in fields. If you type in the first field, it moves the
"Title" to the right. I want to lock the position of each. There isn't any
room to put the Title under the Name. So how do I do that?