Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tcebob tcebob is offline

Default Mailing Labels grief

Here's the problem: Started with a table to allow for 8 - 2.5" x 4" labels in 2 columns
with narrow margins between labels. Each label also includes a table row for return
address and one for address. (Just like Avery 5163.) Now enter a return address and a
mailing address in the top left cells (formatted center/center). And for a finishing touch
insert an auto shape (rectangle with rounded corners) in the return cell. Format the auto
shape for hor/vert center, full transparency. As soon as I drag the shape into a cell, the
text jumps to the top of the cell. Nothing I do to shape or text will remedy the
situation. As soon as I drag the shape away again the text jumps back to the center of the
cell.

This was going to be quick and dirty but is turning into a frustration. How can I place
the shape and the text right on the center of the cell?

rs