Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Abay Abay is offline

Default Paper size error - Word 2002/Windows NT

I have the latest driver .. I thought the "custom" option was for changing
to non standard sizes, but will change the margins and see if that works
to-morrow .. thanks v much for your reply, much appreciated.

Abay

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
There are several possibilities he first make sure that you have the
latest printer driver from HP and delete and reinstall the driver if a
newer version is available. There is also a difference between how paper
sizes and how envelopes are handled by Word and the printer. Word pulls it
printing information from the printer driver. Does the printer definitely
support that size envelopes? My guess is that it doesn't, so what you may
have to do is to select the nearest size envelope to the 5.7 x 9.5 and
then adjust the margins in Word to compensate.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Abay" wrote in message
Hello ... I am pretty much a newbie and am trying to print envelopes
which are a non standard size.

My envelope is 5.7 x 9.5" .. I set it using the "Envelopes" option from
the pull down tools menu and use the "Custom Size" option to change the
envelope size. I keep getting a "Paper Size" error telling me the size
in the software (Word) disagrees with the size of the paper in the
printer tray .. not true! My printer is an HP DeskJet 5740 and I have
had no problems in other applications using non standard paper.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Abay