Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Mailmerge into a catalog

And put the one row table at the top of the first column.
Do you actually need the table if all the info goes in one cell?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Format the mail merge main document so that it has two columns.

"Jim P" wrote in message
Hi,

I am trying to create a catalog. I have prepared an input file. I
can do the
mailmerge into a 1 column 1 row table using the directory type of
document.
The merge works and produces a merge to a new document that contains
pages with the single cell propagated in 1 column. The problem I
have is: I would
like the final product to have 2 columns per page, such that the
first column
fills top to bottom then fills the second column top to bottom. How
can I add
that second column on the page and fill properly? Thanks, Jim