Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gene

Default Copy macros from Normal.dot to another template for distributi

Charles,

This link is very helpful; thank you.

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc.

Sincerely,
Gene

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
A global template, other than normal.dot, is loaded through (1) being in
Word's Startup folder, or (2) being added using the Templates and Add-Ins
dialog, or (3) being loaded using code (but those loaded using (2) or (3)
won't automatically be loaded next time you start Word) . See
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"akkrug" wrote in message
Thanks Graham. I'm still a little fuzzy on what makes a template
"Global",
other than locating it in the startup directory. You guys are the best!!
--
akkrug

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

ALT+F11 - Insert Module

akkrug wrote:
Graham,

How do I go about creating a new macro project?

Thanks.

The organiser only shows macro project items - if you have not made
any changes yours will be in the NewMacros project (along with any
others you have created). To separate it out you need to create a
new project and move the macro to it using the macro editor, or if
you have the template open for editing, you could move or copy it to
the new template project directly.

akkrug wrote:
We need to distribute the spell checking macro and toolbar to users
in other areas of the company. The macro shows up under all active
Templates and the Normal.dot template, but when I try to use the
organizer to copy it from Normal.dot to another template, the macro
doesn't show up. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ken K.