Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default MS WORD NUMBERING

When you say sections, do you mean Sections as are separated one from
another by Section Breaks.

I assume that you are talking about the page numbering.

However, you might just try running a macro containing the following code
and see if it fixes up the numbering.

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 2 To .Sections.Count
.Sections(i).Footers(1).PageNumbers.RestartNumberi ngAtSection =
False
Next i
.Sections(1).Footers(1).PageNumbers.StartingNumber = 1
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"BrigadierBill" wrote in message
I'm formatting a document that is 404 pages long that MS broken up in to
sections with the last one being 187. The sections are also not numbered
in
exact sequence but goes section 1 to 2 to 4 to 8 with no sections 3, 5, 6,
7
on and on up to section 187. The numbering from sections 1, 2 and 4 is
the
way it should be but from 4 to 8 it jumps from page 14 to page 16 when I'm
working in the footer but 13 to 16 when I am working in the body. Even
though Word says there are 403 pages in the document the last page is
numbered 440. I've gone through them section by section and tried to
change
the numbering system but it refuses to work. I've followed all the
instructions on MS page but the number keep skipping. Can anyone please
help
me? I've spent hours working on this and tried dozens of solutions I
found
on the net but none of them work. Please help.