Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gah gah is offline

Default MODI MDI Files

I recently purchased a new Windows 7 PC with Office 2010. I cannot
open Microsoft Office Document Imaging (.MDI) files in Office 2010.
I cannot install the MODI files from my Office 2007 software because
it is an upgrade version used on the previous old PC. (
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982760 )

I loved using the printing to .mdi files because I could "write" notes
and comments on the files with my graphics tablet pen. Needless to
say, I can't open the files. Anyone have any suggestions?

I do not want to load a bunch of old software just so I can access the
upgrade disk.