Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Colin,

I don't think there's much you can do about this, short of not using text
wrapping. Text wrap just seems to throw off Word's more exacting page layout
features. You could try whether placing the object in a FRAME (from the Forms
toolbar) gives a better result. Frames are interpreted differently than other
types of objects, and Word often behaves better with them (and sometimes not).

Widow and Orphan control works great if there is just text in a document (on
Word 2003 on Windows XP, all service packs applied to both Word and
Windows). However, if I paste a graphic on a page near the bottom, the
paragraph that ends adjacent to that object or wraps around it seems to
ignore its No Widow/Orphan settings and leave single isolated lines.

Why is this?

Is there a way to prevent it? Is there a way to fix it without finding each
and every such occurrence in a large document with lots of pictures?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org