Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default how do I split tables in Word 2007?

When the cursor is in a table, you'll see the Table Tools tab on the
ribbon. Click the Layout tab under that. In the Merge group in the
middle of the ribbon, you should see the Split Table button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 05:51:05 -0700, nic_h
wrote:

Hi JoAnn,

Thanks for the tip but I tried searching the help files. I got responses on
how to split cells, how to put line spaces before a table and a lot on
formatting but nothing on splitting the table itself.

I like 2007 on the whole, it's just frustrating when you can't find tools
you used to take for granted...

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

I'm at work where I still have 2003 but...........did you try hitting F1 and
searching the help files

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"nic_h" wrote in message
I am trying to split a long table into two smaller tables. This was easy
in
Word 2003 where there is a 'split table' option was available in the table
menu but I can't find where that option is hidden in Word 2007. Can
anyone
help, please?