Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how do i enable the old menu bar

Note, however, that Legalbear was addressing not Microsoft but those who
have created third-party add-ins for Word/Office 2007. Not that they post
here, either.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi Legalbear,

FWIW, the MS hosted discussion groups are generally peer support rather
than MS support.

If you have a template with your custom toolbar(s) (not modifications to
Word's built in toolbars) and you load that template as a
global template under Word 2007 either by placing it in the startup folder
for Word or using the template dialog (Alt, T, I) your
toolbar choices, although looking a bit different as far as layout) will
appear in an 'Add-Ins' tab on the ribbon. You can modify
your template through an older version of Word to change the choices, but
you won't be able to change the choices in the 'Add-Ins'
tab as shown.

One of the 3rd party add-ins, http://toolbartoggle.com does allow a bit
more flexibility in using and modifying floating menus.

Customization of the ribbon is also possible with a bit of a learning
curve in XML.

=============
"Legalbear" wrote in message
This is addressed to the folks who have created the 3rd-party add-ins to
restore the menu/toolbar functionality of Word 2000/2003.

Does your add-in allow for the creation of custom menus??

I'm currently using Word 2000 and have a customized menu setup for all the
various legal documents/pleadings I use everyday, with various sub-menus
for
motions, notices, orders, objections and so forth as well as documents
used
solely within our office.

It works off of one menu button with a number of items, each of which
opens
onto several cascading sub-menus of individual documents (most all of
which
are merge documents, if that matters). It's ridiculously easy to use:
1. click the menu button
2. mouse-over to what you want to open
3. click that document name.

For me to use your product, and recommend it to the rest of the firm
(since
I'm the one who sets all this stuff up on individual machines), I need to
be
able to add/remove individual items as necessary.

A speedy response would be GREATLY welcome, as I'd rather not *have* to
add
Office 2000 on our pre-installed Office 2007 machines.

Thanks for your time.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP