Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mi Tasol Mi Tasol is offline

Default how do i enable the old menu bar

On Feb 10, 3:04*am, bmur wrote:
I have to agree with the other writers. We have installed it on test here and
the interface is horrible. Its now on test 4 month's and its no easier. Why
do microsoft change what was the most successful interface in software. There
has to be a service pack resoving this or we for one will not be
implementing. I will not suffer the annoyance of the users here.
--
bmw520

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:
There is nooldmenubar in Office 2007. Your employees will have to
learn the Ribbon UI if you upgrade to 2007.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues:http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007:http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In:http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007:http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog:http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Tom B" wrote in message
:

How do we turn on the old menu bar in word 2007? Without it office 2007 will
cost far to much to implement because employee's will need to be retrained.

Yep - it has nearly all been said. My 2 cents worth as a tech writer

In Word 2003 I have edited all the tool bars down to what I need and
the lot, including track changes, drawing bar and some spare room, all
fit in one narrow bar leaving the maximum real estate for work.

The ribbon means I loose work space and have to put up with a lot of
garbage that I never want to see as I do the tasks with my keyboard.
And the default output is docx, yuck.

In every version of Word they dumb it down and foul up some good
features (eg mail merge and the exact width of table columns were
loused up in W2003). The only good thing I found in 2007 is I can
customise my paste special to default to unformatted text.

Fortunately to create or fix my tables (except where they have
highlighted text), or do global changes in headers/footers, and a lot
of other issues, I can open the file in OpenOffice without any
problems.

At least the OO design team seem to listen to the users, they produce
a version that fits on my USB drive so wherever I go I have my
customizations all set up and they print PDFs automatically in the
same page size as the original document - something Adobe don't, and
works with real XML. Now if OO would just fit a Shift+F3 toggle and
fix a couple of other minor issues, I would be happy ;-)

Mi Tasol