Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Xane

Default How do I paste text into Word in the document's font face?

Eh... *sheepish look*

"simply" change the name of a sub-routine? I'm afraid I need a bit more info
here... where do I go to do that? I'm not much of a coder of anything (html
is about as far as I get with anything resembling code)...
It might be asking for a bit much, but can u take me through it step by step?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

No, you'd have to run the macro manually, for example, by adding it to
a toolbar.

If you prefer to intercept the built-in Paste command, simply
change the name of the sub-routine to "EditPaste" (assuming that it is
stored in the Normal template). In other words, it should look like
this:

Sub EditPaste()
On Error Resume Next
Selection.PasteSpecial datatype:=wdPasteText
End Sub

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Xane" wrote in message
Thanks a lot Stefan, that might be helpful.
If I enter this macro in that normal file (forgot the extention),

then all
text should automatically be pasted as plain text in the font of the
document, right?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you are using Word 2002/2003 you should see a smart tag which
allows you to select the desired format of the pasted text. For

more,
see

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ionsWorks.html.

Alternatively, you can click Paste Special on the Edit menu, and
choose to paste as "Unformatted text". An equivalent method is to

use
the following macro (useful if you need to paste in text format a
lot):

Sub PasteAsText()
On Error Resume Next
Selection.PasteSpecial datatype:=wdPasteText
End Sub

For installation instructions, see
http://gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Xane" wrote in message
If you paste text into a Word document, Word always uses this
"useful"
feature of retaining the original font and text characteristics.
This is
terribly annoying to me to be honest, because 99 out of a

hundred
times, I
just want to paste the text into the document with the

document's
font face,
colour etc intact. (so not the original font I copied the text

in
from, for
example, a webpage.)

These days, I just paste the text in a notepad document and then
paste that
into word, but there has to be a simple switch I can flick

somewhere
to just
preserve the document font at all times when pasting. Anyone

know
where that
is?