Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Bradley Brian Bradley is offline

Default I get "W" with a line through when I type "\"

Look deeper in the configuration settings. I saw a setting for "Insert Yen
sign when pressing \." I know the Yen sign is a Y with a little half-bar,
but maybe the font you're using is translating it a little differently. So
maybe that setting has been checked.

I'm awful sorry, I'm new to Word 2007, and I only saw it in passing while
trying to look at the monstrous number of settings available, so I'm not
sure exactly where this setting is, and I am not at my office, but I really
think it is in the compatability settings.

Be sure to let us konw what you find out.
"mogwai" wrote in message
Word 2003, XP (SP2)

Hi,

Everytime I type "\" I get a struck-through capital "w".

I don't have "strike-through" enabled in the "Font" box (Format Font) or
the "Formatting" toolbar.

I don't have "Track Changes" enabled (Tools Track Changes; or the
"Reviewing" toolbar)

What do I have to do to disable whatever I've inadvertently enabled?

Thanks.