Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Keyboard Shortcuts for Macros in Word 2007

Hi ?B?R3JhcHBsZXI=?=,

I am grappling with all that's new in Word 2007 and am generally very
impressed, but one problem has so far defeated me. Although I have managed
to transfer my old macros and save them in the Normal template, I cannot save
their keyboard shortcuts. I used the "Word Options - Customize - Keyboard
Shortcuts Customize" link, made certain that my shortcuts had not already
been allocated, assigned them to the respective macro and saved them in the
Normal template. However, when I next run Word, Normal loads as the default
template and all the macros are available, but the shortcuts assigned to them
have disappeared. What am I missing?

It works for me...

Do you see a message about whether you want to save changes to Normal.dot when
you exit Word?

How about if you go into the VBA Editor, make sure you're in the Normal project,
then click the Save button there, to explicitly save Normal.dot. Are the
keyboard shortcuts retained?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org