Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Word 2007 bug? (or is it just me)

Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:23:38 -0500 from Paul Warshawsky
:
I'm running the trial version of Word 2007 (final release, not beta) on an
IBM Thinkpad T30 notebook. I cannot use the touchpad to scroll. (Usually
if I run my finger down the right side of the touchpad, the window scrolls.)
Scrolling still works in other applications. Is this me or is this a bug.
Any thoughts?

I don't (and won't) have 2007, but Word 2003 definitely has its own
non-standard keyboard interface so I'm not surprised 2007 has a non-
standard mouse interface.

Details:

I have a laptop, with NumLock off. In any other program, including
Excel 2003 and Access 2003, I can get a special character like é
(character 233) by pressing and holding Fn and Alt, then 0-2-3-3. But
not in Word 2003. There are, of course, other ways in Word, but the
standard way does not work. (There was a long interchange about that
in this newsgroup, in spring 2005 if I recall correctly.)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/