Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to delete return address text in envelope template?

What is the source of the envelope template?

When you click Mailings - Envelopes, to create an envelope and leave Return
address: blank (then click Add to Document), the return address slot is
blank.

Even when you do provide a Return address, no text box or frame is used for
it in Word 2007.

So... in order to answer your question, it would be helpful to know the
source of the template, since what you're describing does not appear to be
normal Word 2007 behavior.

Having said that, what happens if you click on the return address text box
(or frame), and the press Backspace (which is sometimes a bit more powerful
a deleter than the Delete key)? Does the box get deleted?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"JWidman" wrote in message
I'm trying to delete the return address text that shows up in gray in a
text
box on my envelope template. When I select the text and hit delete or
backspace, the text reappears as soon as I click outside the text box. I
can't delete the text box at all. The text also prints, which is the
problem,
since I'm printing on an envelope where the address is pre-printed. I am
using Word 2007, which I think is part of the issue as I don't recall ever
having this problem in the previous version of Word that I used. I also
haven't found an answer to the problem in online help.