Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob S

Default Find and Replace

On 8 Mar 2006 18:23:17 -0800, Greg wrote:

This should find most.
[! ]@'[s-t]

Surprisingly, this does not work! A paragraph mark is not a space
character, so this pattern will find the last word of a paragraph.

That's followed by a paragraph starting with an apostrophe-s word as
well as the desired word. I.e. here it would mark everything from-to
"paragraph.That's".

The concept of "anything that's not a space" leaves you open to all
kinds of interesting special characters. Paragraph marks is the first
one I hit, but tabs and other things will probably fail too. Maybe
also non-breaking spaces.

Try this for apostrophe-s words; it might work better:

[a-z,A-Z]@'[s]

Bob S