Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
HS HS is offline

Default New Word Document

When I try to open a new Word 2007 document by R-clicking the desktop or
within a folder and selecting "New Microsorf Word Document", a small window
pops up asking me if I want to "Convert this file from..." and then gives me
a bunch of choices with Plain Text highlited. I then have to Save As to get
the file in Word 2007 format. What is causing this and is there any way to
get rid of this so this funtion works as in previous versions? Note: It works
normally when start Word from a shortcut or the All Programs list.