Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Word2007 New Document Dialog Box

UlfHJensen wrote:
In Word2007 whenever I click the New...-button, I get a dialog box
that defaults to Microsoft Online Templates. I do not want Microsoft
Online Templates, never did and probably never will. I would like to
change this.
I have tried in vain to find a solution to this but so far I have
found none. Surely I cannot be the only one finding this dialog box
extremely annoying as I have to go through several more clicks to
find and launch my templates.
So in short: How do I make this button default to my costumized
(enterprise) and workgroup templates instead? (You know; the tabbed
templae dialog box from way back or - though not fully to my liking -
the sidepanel version from previous Word-version)

You can add a button to the Quick Access Toolbar to open the old (ca. Word
2000) New Document dialog.

Right-click the Quick Access Toolbar and choose Customize. Set the category
to Commands Not In the Ribbon.

Select the entry "New Document or Template..." and click the Add button to
put it on the Quick Access Toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman