Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2003: Can't drag and drop highlighted text

Maybe a dialog window is open -- like Find/Replace, or Insert Cross
Reference, or View Footnotes? When such things are open, drag & drop
doesn't work.

On Feb 4, 7:19*am, Stefan Blom wrote:
Does this happen with all documents? With a particular (set of) document(s)?
Could the document be protected?

If drag and drop doesn't work in new, blank documents, have you tried to
locate and rename the normal.dot template; you can search for it in Windows
(be sure to search hidden files and folders)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LAC" wrote:
Usually I can highlight text and then move the text to another place. *Now
when I do this I get a circle with a slash through it. *I've checked
Tool--Options--Edit, drag and drop text editing is checked. *Is there any
other way to fix this? *
--
LAC- Hide quoted text -