Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Donna

Default Help, My Microsoft Word and Excel got accidentally deleted!

Thanks JoAnn

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

Whoever told you that you could get a free download was incorrect. The
closest thing to that is a trial version. It is only a temporary fix. Once
it expires you either pay for it or you are locked out. There are A LOT of
posts from people who didn't believe that - but do now.

You have two choices. Have a chat with your stepson and get the disk back or
buy Office from your local software vendor.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Donna" wrote in message
I have a somewhat similar situation. My step son took my operating disc
that
has word and excel on it and can't seem to find the disc now. I was told
that
I could get a free download of word and excel but they couldn't remember
how.
Anyone got a solution to this one?

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote:

In , Laura low-tech
told us an interesting story. My reply to this story is at the bottom
of this message.

I just updated my Microsoft Office to the 2003 version. After
updating, I noticed that the MS Excel and MS Word icons disappeared
from the desktop! I have no idea why this is happening. I do know
that my version of Word was 2000 and I have a Windows XP operating
system. I can't remember what version of Excel I originally had.
What do I do to get these programs back? Is there a way? And if
not, what is the cheapest way of purchasing them if that's what it
amounts to. I also did the search files and folders on my hard drive
and they weren't found there either.

Search for the files excel.exe and winword.exe.
They should be somewhere in "Program Files".
Do you have those?

--
Amedee Van Gasse