Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Uddhava

Default Untidy Text

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can remove excess spaces by
searching for " {2,}" (without the quotation marks; note the space before
the opening brace) and replacing with a single space.

Dear Suzanne,

Thanks for your reply.

I assume the problem is not just that the lines are justified

Well it is sometimes something to do with justifying in the sense that I am
trying to undo the justifying embedded in the original text. For example take
the first paragraph of the link that I mentioned before -
http://ccbs.ntu.edu.tw/FULLTEXT/JR-PHIL/inada4.htm
This is written in short lines and the multiple spaces are there in the
process of justifying it, but the problem is that this formatting (short
lines and multiple spaces) which I don't want is carried into Word. I can
manage to lose the indentation by pushing the whole block of text to the left
but I am still stuck with the horrible short lines and multiple spaces.

Anyway I tried your {2,}
space, curly bracket, 2, comma, curly bracket
but it doesn't seem to work - I get '0 replacements were made'