Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Uddhava

Default Untidy Text

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

This is a separate issue. While paste unformatted text will give you no
formatting from the original, it will retain spaces between words and line
or paragraph breaks. Those spaces include spaces which were used in the
original instead of tabs. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm.

Did you look at the page Doug referred you to? The multiple dots are
multiple spaces. They are what happens when one attempts to use a computer
like a typewriter.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/conc...ion/index.html
--
Charles Kenyon

Dear Charles,

I don't think Doug mentioned a page. Anyway the ΒΆ are turned on and the web
text has multiple dots ie multiple spaces between words, so I guess I need
some kind of command to say 'replace all multiple spaces with a single
space'. I think this is what Suzanne's idea was trying to do except it
doesn't seem to work.

Re the short lines, I can use Replace ^p with nothing. This will stretch out
the short lines to my right indent marker (say 15 instead of 11). However on
the down side, this causes mumerous words to merge together without a space.