Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Setting a macro in a table

Nothing has changed in this respect between Word 2000 and 2007

The following was recorded:

Selection.Tables(1).Sort ExcludeHeader:=True, FieldNumber:="Column 8",
SortFieldType _
:=wdSortFieldAlphanumeric, SortOrder:=wdSortOrderAscending,
FieldNumber2 _
:="Column 7", SortFieldType2:=wdSortFieldAlphanumeric, SortOrder2:=
_
wdSortOrderAscending, FieldNumber3:="Column 11", SortFieldType3:= _
wdSortFieldAlphanumeric, SortOrder3:=wdSortOrderAscending,
Separator:= _
wdSortSeparateByCommas, SortColumn:=False, CaseSensitive:=False, _
LanguageID:=wdEnglishAUS, SubFieldNumber:="Paragraphs",
SubFieldNumber2:= _
"Paragraphs", SubFieldNumber3:="Paragraphs"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Snowbunny" wrote in message
I have tables with 14 columns. I need to sort columns 8, 7, 11 in that
order
after I enter any new rows with info. I used to have a macro set up for
this
on my other computer. By the time I got a new one and made a new table, I
forgot how to do it. My old one was Word 2000 now I have Word 2007. I
can't
seem to find any instructions with this new version.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Tell us more about the sequence to enable more specific assistance to be
supplied.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Snowbunny" wrote in message
I would like to set a macro for a sorting sequence I use all the time in
table I have set up in Word 2007. Please tell me how to do this.