Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
shahid shahid is offline

Default mail merge with attachment using outlook express

hi peter,

thanks a lot for your in depth information.
i just want to clear one doubt regarding manually attaching the pdf
file.whether i have to merge to the document and then copy and paste
individual emails to my email program like outlook and manually attaching the
pdf file,. or i have to merge to email and then manually add the pdf file at
some stage .can you please provide further help .

thanks
shahid

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

i want to mail merge with pdf attachment using oulook express. i am just
wondering whether it is possible with outlook express.

1. Not "out of the box".

2. Most of the easily available macro code relies on the ability to automate
the full Outlook. If you do not have Outlook, you would probably have to use
a macro that sent e-mails directly via MAPI or SMTP.

3. How I would approach this would depend on whether I wanted to attach the
same .pdf to every e-mail, or a different .pdf to each e-mail. If it is the
same, it may not be too hard to generate the e-mails via mailmerge, then
manually attach the same .pdf to each e-mail. It depends on how many you
want to send. If it is a different .pdf for each message and you have a lot
of messages, that could be a lot of work, in which case it may be cheaper to
buy the full Outlook or some other software to do it (it depends on how you
cost your time).

also there is no email option when i start mail merge from tools menu.
any help would be highly appreciated.

If it is /just/ when you "start mail merge from tools menu then the
following may not be enough, but I would start he

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm

Peter Jamieson