Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Redwine Redwine is offline

Default Mail merge problem

Thanks Peter,
This is a short mailing list only 1 page. The material that is part of the
header has some of the titles used in making template such as last name,
first name, position, company, etc which I saw in making my list for the
template. The other part has a dotted line extending down about an inch from
the top of the page to a shaded line running across the top of the page,
further down in the middle of the page on the left hand side is a stylized
globe, and at the bottom is a shaded line running half way across the bottom
of the page with a dotted line running the remainder of the way across.
I know where the the titles came from but not how they got there. The other
I haven't a clue.
--
Thanks,
Redwine

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

However when printed some header titles
appear along with a watermark design and a footer design.

Can you describe what "some" means? I mean, does this appear on some pages,
every other page, part of some pages or what?

If you are seeing a watermark in the main body of a document, the chances
are that that watermark has been inserted (at some time) into one of your
headers/footers and saved, either accidentally or deliberately, into a
template (Normal, or a template you're using for your mail merge main
document). Have a look around! Just bear in mind that Word has around 6
different header/footer areas for 1st page in a section, subsequent pages,
odd/even pages and so on.

Peter Jamieson
"Redwine" wrote in message
On the list of names and addresses I have created and stored all of the
data
appears correctly on the screen. However when printed some header titles
appear along with a watermark design and a footer design. This ruins
several
of the mail labels on the page. How do I eliminate this unwanted material
while keeping the material I want
--
Thanks,
Redwine