Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default How To: Get White Text on Black background

John

Try using Page Layout View for editing and Print Preview for final check of
results.

You need to select the phrase to be inverted. Then use Format, Borders and
Shading and select the Background Tab. Set the background colour to Black
and OK to close the dialog. The text should not be white on a black
background. However, I suggest that you select the phrase again and use
Format, Font and choose WHITE as the font colour rather than Automatic as
frequently printer drivers screw up Automatic and print black text on the
black background!

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"John Gilmer" wrote in message
I want a 'highlight' line with reverse text. IOW: for this ONE line, the
text would be white and the background would be black.

How do I do that.

Since I have your attention, is there a "view" of a Word document that
really shows what is going on? I am playing around with text boxes and I
would like to be able to separate the location of boxes from the content
and perhaps do most of the editing in another context.

On this machine I am using Word 97 that I picked up long ago and
re-installed on my XP machine. One our Vista machiune we have M$ Office
2002 student version.