Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default REMOVE BLANK LINE IN MAIL MERGE

Although the old mailmerge helper, which contained that options is still
buried in the program, with that option, which may even still work (you can
add the command to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) ) the better way is to use
conditional fields eg

{Mergefield Fieldname1}{IF {Mergefield Fieldname2} "" "
{Mergefield Fieldname2}{IF {Mergefield Fieldname3} "" "
{Mergefield Fieldname3}{IF {Mergefield Fieldname4} "" "
{Mergefield Fieldname4}etc

Use CTRL+F9 for the field brackets if entering directly from the keyboard.

Nancie wrote:
I am using Office 2007 and can't get see where to tell my mail merge
(data is a .csv file) to remove the blank line if no data exists.
Does anyone know?