Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default symbol for "in care of" for mailing

I have it defined as an AutoCorrect entry for "c/o." At some point recently,
I was having to use "C/O" for something (can't now remember what), and the
AutoCorrect entry was a nuisance, but that's rare.

http://word.mvps.org

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
That's even better Again autocorrect will work as a shortcut.

grammatim wrote:
On May 15, 12:58 am, Gentle Spirit Gentle
wrote:
Does anyone know how I can make the "in care of" symbol for
addressing an envelope? I have checked Wingdings. No luck

Thanks!!

It's Unicode 2105. Type 2105 followed by Alt-X. It occurs in quite a
few fonts, including Times New Roman, Calibri, Arial, Lucida, and
Tahoma.

If you're going to use it a lot, you can assign a keyboard shortcut in
the Insert Symbol panel -- go to the "Letterlike Symbols" group.