Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
James

Default Merging data with INSERTTEXT and MERGEFIELDs

Hi,

I am trying to set up a letter head. This letter head contains text boxes
that arrange the address and salutation details etc. I would like to be able
to merge this letterhead into the Header of my Letter, and then use a
mailmerge to populate the MERGEFIELD data in the textboxes.

I am using an INSERTTEXT to pull in the letterhead to the header of my
letter, but for some reason when I do this Word drops the MERGEFIELDs leaving
ordinary text, thus when the Mailmerge occurs, the header is not populated
with the details, just left with the text used to identify the fields.

What I am hoping to find out is, if I can manage to get the text boxes to
retain there MERGEFIELDs through the INSERTTEXT ? If not is there a way
around it that you know of ? If not then do you know how to reference frames
by name ? i.e so that I can change there values from code like you can with
textboxes.

Sorry for the long post, hope someone is able to help as I am really stuck

Cheers, James