Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
James

Default Merging data with INSERTTEXT and MERGEFIELDs

Im afraid that isnt an option for me. The way our letters (and those of our
customers) are set up are in two documents. The main letters and the headers
for the different types of people i.e clients, suppliers etc.

In the Header I have text boxes to arrange the layout. To ensure the
customer can start typing right after the heading I would like to put all the
header information into the letters header. The problem is that when
Inserting text boxes into the header the field {} info is lost and all that
remains is the text fieldname without the MERGEFIELD info. This only
occurs when merging into the header and I dont know why....

I hope this explains it better, any help would be most appreciated.

James