Klaus Linke

Hi Fred,

I can't see a situation where it would make sense to apply a different =
style than the "footnote" style to footnotes.

Wouldn't it be better to modify the footnote style if you don't like the =
look of it?
You can base the footnote style on the existing style, then both will =
look the same.

You can also replace any style with a different style using "Edit =
Replace".

Regards,
Klaus

"Fred Goldman" wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer. I would like to select everything=20
that is this style and tag it with an existing style.
=20
"Jezebel" wrote:
=20
'Being used' seems to apply only to the body of the document. What =

do you=20
need help with?
=20
=20
=20
"Fred Goldman" wrote in =

message=20
I posted this earlier, but no one understood what I meant. I am =

going to=20
try
to be clearer this time.

When I apply my own style to a footnote (let's call it style1) it =

will=20
show
up in the Styles and Formatting box, however when I click to =

select all=20
text
using style1 it says "Select all: not currently being used" when =

it is in
fact clearly being used.
This is happening with par. and char. styles. I am using Word XP.
I would greatly appreciate any help.
=20

=20
=20