Joseph McGuire

Apart from the puzzling message, what happens? Can you apply another style
to the selected text? I seem to be able to do so in Word 2000 and 2003, but
without the message.

"Fred Goldman" wrote in message
Thanks for the quick answer. I would like to select everything that is

this
style and tag it with an existing style.

"Jezebel" wrote:

'Being used' seems to apply only to the body of the document. What do

you
need help with?

"Fred Goldman" wrote in message
I posted this earlier, but no one understood what I meant. I am going

try
to be clearer this time.

When I apply my own style to a footnote (let's call it style1) it will
show
up in the Styles and Formatting box, however when I click to select

all
text
using style1 it says "Select all: not currently being used" when it is

in
fact clearly being used.
This is happening with par. and char. styles. I am using Word XP.
I would greatly appreciate any help.