Daiya Mitchell

You have totally misunderstood Klaus' post, which is suggesting a different
way to arrive at your goal. Klaus knows you are talking about character and
paragraph styles. You can set Find & Replace to find and replace all text in
a certain style by clicking More and using the Format drop-down menu, and
formatting the empty boxes.

If you have 10 styles in 20 different documents, the Styles & Formatting
palette trick isn't going to save you very much time over Find and Replace
anyhow, and F&R offers exactly the same functionality, it's just slightly
more trouble to set up. In fact, F&R might work out quicker--Find and
Replace you can record and save as a macro and redo in a different document,
or set to run in different documents. Since the Formatting Palette is not
working for you, perhaps you should try a different way?

And I don't see how 10 styles in 20 documents relates to the fact that you
can't get the Formatting Palette to show Footnote Text.

I also can't see how it makes sense to apply a different style than Footnote
Text to footnotes, instead of Modifying the Footnote Text style.

I do wonder whether your problem might be due to lingering corruption from
using the Master Doc feature.

DM

On 2/23/05 6:19 AM, "Fred Goldman" wrote:

Hi Klaus,
Firstly, the "Footnote Text" does not show up in the styles and formatting
box even when I hold shift and press "All Styles".
Secondly, I am talking about character and paragraph styles.
As far as edit/replace I need to do this to 10 styles in 20 different
documents so that can be really time consuming. (It's really my fault because
I tried the Master Doc feature and it messed up all my styles).
Thanks so much for the response if you have any further help I would really
appreciate it.

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

Hi Fred,

I can't see a situation where it would make sense to apply a different style
than the "footnote" style to footnotes.

Wouldn't it be better to modify the footnote style if you don't like the look
of it?
You can base the footnote style on the existing style, then both will look
the same.

You can also replace any style with a different style using "Edit Replace".

Regards,
Klaus

"Fred Goldman" wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer. I would like to select everything
that is this style and tag it with an existing style.