Daiya Mitchell

I don't use the Formatting Palette, plus I'm on a Mac, so I really don't
know. And I think my Formatting Palette may be set up differently than
yours, though it seems fairly similar from what I can tell.

But I just tested it. Footnote Text shows up in my style list. However,
when I click Select All, nothing happens.

Note that a Word doc is arranged in different "text stories", or layers, and
the main text is kept in a different layer than the footnote text. It is
entirely possible, as Suzanne mentioned long ago, that the "Select All"
function only sees the main text layer.

Now I'm confused. Is your problem that Footnote Text doesn't show up in the
Style list, or do you now see Footnote Text in the list but you can't select
all the text in footnote text style?

Anyhow, I think you should follow Suzanne's suggestion of deleting the style
to revert the footnotes. I also think it would be faster to just use Find
and Replace than to continue trying to sort this out. You may want to test
whether it works in a different document, that was never part of the master
doc.

DM

On 2/23/05 3:05 PM, "Fred Goldman" wrote:

Ok, I was able to fix all the empty boxes, now I'm back to square one that I
can't select all of one style in footnotes. Are you able to, or is this in
general something that Word can't do.
Thank you.