Tricia Turner

Default IncludePicture breaks in Word 2K3

I have upgraded a test machine from Word 2K to 2K3 and am having problems
with IncludePicture. I have a VB app that uses the Word object model to do a
mailmerge using a SQL Server datasource to a new document and that document
is then printed. One of the fields in the main doc has an IncludePicture
field that takes a mergefield as its parameter, i.e. { INCLUDEPICTURE "{
MERGEFIELD SomeImagePath }" }. When I used this in Word 2K this would pull
in the image from the mergefield, but when I do the same thing using 2K3
nothing is pulled in.

If I look at the value after merging to a new document it looks like {
INCLUDEPICTURE "\\\\SomeServer\\SomeDir\\image.tif" } which appears correct
but when I Alt+F9 the image does not display (no File. The strange thing is
that if I right-click the field and choose "Edit Field..." and choose OK on
the dialog box without changing any other value the field still looks
exactly the same as described above but now the Alt+F9 will pull in the
correct image.

Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this? Thanks!