Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

Default spacebar not working in Word but works in other programs?

My guess is check the Character Spacing for Format - Font.

Default a

Scale: 100%
Spacing: Normal By: Blank

Set them as above and click Default button.
--
If you found this post helpful then "Rate this Post".

"cmspring" wrote:

I can type however I just can not get the spacebar to space. The letters are
not overwriting. Any other suggestions?

"aalaan" wrote:

Look to see if other letters do work and if they overwrite existing letters.
If so, you have accidentally toggled overwrite. Press INS once or click
twice on OVR on bottom taskbar.

"cmspring" wrote in message
I have been trying to type a document and can not get the space bar to do
anything. However it works outside of Word. Does anybody know how to fix
this?