Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Why does Word keep repaginating automatically?

Hi ?B?ZmlyZXN0b3JtMTk1NA==?=,

I put a new section in a word document comprising about 30 pages, The new
section is Landscape, the rest of the document Potrait. I have done this with
another report with no problems, but if I scroll up or down in the new one
Word keeps repaginating and always seems to be "writing". How can I change
this as it makes scrolling very jerky?

This behavior is often a sign that there's a problem in the internal document
structures (the document is "corrupt").

If you start a new document, copy up to the section break (but without the
section) break, paste that into the new document, recreate the section break
there, then copy/paste the text after the section break (without the break and
without the last paragraph mark!)... Is the new document more stable?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)