Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
melissa k melissa k is offline

Default Why is Conversion File now there?

I did a Mcafee "quick clean" and now when I go to look at my files in My
Documents, unless I typed them under Microsoft Word, I can't read them. All
of my ebooks that I downloaded, my scans, my pictures, everything comes up
asking for "file conversion". I did system restore, installed adobe acrobat
reader 8, and reinstalled all of my microsoft word 2002 disks. All I get are
these symbols and letters and numbers where the original photographs and
scans and ebooks were! What is going on, and most important, how do I fix
it?!!!!