Ann Scharpf

Each person has control of their own Track Changes display. Anyone who wants
to use the "old" view (where text is showed with strikethrough and bold
underline) should turn off the display of balloons. You can do this in
several ways:

1. On reviewing toolbar, click Show Balloons Never
2. Tools Options Track changes Use balloons - never

"Hugo" wrote:

Say I send a doc. to someone, then I make revisions and I want to show the
rev. line but not the balloon saying what the revision was. They have both
copies so they can compare.

In order to show the revision line the balloons have to be showing. If I
accept the change the revision balloon goes away but so does the rev. line. I
am able to VIEW the document in the manner I want but I can't save it this
way.

Thanks in advance