Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

Default How can one unhide a hidden style?

I assume you mean Heading 2 and want its thumbnail to appear in the Quick
Styles gallery on the Home tab, in the Styles group.

Heading 2, Heading 3...Heading 9 are each set up by default to be hidden
until the next higher level style is applied. If you apply Heading 1 to a
paragraph in a document, Heading 2 will then be visible in the Quick Style
gallery immediately to the right of Heading 1.

Alternatively, you can select the Recommend tab in Manage Styles dialog box,
select the Heading 2 style, click Show and click OK. Since all heading styles
are included in the Quick Style list, Heading 2 will now be displayed in the
Quick Style gallery.

"Loren Mayhew" wrote:

in Word 2007, I need to use Header 2, but it is hidden. I can see and even
modify it in Manage Styles, but I cannot find anyway to unhide it and add it
to my quick styles. I tried to get around the problem by making my own Header
2 but Word won't let me do that either because Header 2 is a reserved name.
HELP!

Loren Mayhew