Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Task pane

Reinstalling does not change the Registry, but it should also not have
uninstalled the add-in. If the add-in is actually in the Office Startup
folder (path given by Terry), then you won't find it in the Word Startup
folder. The path given for it in Tools | Templates and Add-ins on my
machine, however, is C:\...\microsoft\word\startup\TaskPaneController.d ot.
You should certainly be able to use Windows Search to search for
TaskPaneController.dot.

http://word.mvps.org

"Zach" wrote in message
Terry Farrell wrote:
Uninstalling/reinstalling will not help. The add-in is installed in the
Word Start-up folder. The Start-up folder location will be found in Word
Options | Advanced | under File Locations at the bottom of the dialog.
Unless the location was deliberately changed, this will be in Program
Files | Microsoft Office | Office 12 | Startup.

Terry

"Zach" wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
It should be in Word's Startup folder, from which you can delete it.
You can determine the exact path from Tools | Templates and Add-ins.

I cannot find it anywhere.
Could you possibly give me more exact directions?
Else I will have to re-install Word,
having replaced one annoyance by another.

Many thanks.

Zach

I am using Vista Business Edition by the way,
maybe I should have said earlier.

Startup is empty.

I have reinstaled Microsoft Office XP Business Edition.
The annoying message has gone, but the hack is still there.
Presumably the register was been changed, but strangely
a System Restore did not reinstate the previous settings,
and did not remove the hack either.
So as far as I can ascertain the problem has now been solved.

(hopefully permanently)

Zach