Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default find entry does not find record in datasource under word 2003

This is probably connected with the way Word 2003 connects to its data which
caused a lot of headaches when Microsoft changed things around (in Word
2002). The issues are covered at
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm and articles
linked from that page.

Chris Clark wrote:
I have recently worked on transferring a large n umber of customers
from word 200 to word 2003.

The biggest single issue being reported is with mail merge not
working.

The first time a mail merge document is opened in 2003 the find entry
icon does not find any entries in the datasource. I have to manually
reset the datasource using the tools - mail merge wizard before this
works.

This then works fine until , an new record is added to the
datasource:-

After adding a new record from the data form , the newly added record
cannot then be found when using find entry (icon with binoculars).

The only way I can make this work if I navigate to the last record
in the datasource (i.e. the one I have just added) and then the
search will work after this for that record.

It is as if the link to the datasource is not being updated
correctly after a new record is added.

The datasource is a word document (table).

The environment is Word 2003 (sp1) running on XP professional SP1.

Has anyone experienced this problem.